Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Space Demon



      Space Demon is an odd and spooky figure indeed.  His features create wonder as to his capabilities.  The position of the creature's stance gives cause for alarm.  But who is he and where is he from?

     He is considered science fiction, but is not from a story or book like you would expect.  But, rather, a creature created by mistake, and an outcast.  He has a story.

     I intended to create a beautiful clay horse in class, but ended up creating a horror story!  One day when I returned to my project, I found eggs of some sort of bug laid all over the clay horse.  It was so disgusting!  I was going to throw the sorry piece away when my friend stopped me and begged me to keep it anyways.  We put it in the freezer and I returned to it eventually.

     The misshaped legs and body were fully developed into an animal, but not a horse.  This wasn't a horse at all.  I couldn't do much with it and didn't want to even touch it!  So I made it into something that I fantasized in my head.  A piece of metal still protruded from the large chest of the creature that was put there for the time being during its creation.  Holes went deep into the top were the head was supposed to be.  And so the headless creature I said, looked like a space demon.  It was scary and almost ugly except for the smoothly shaped body that was not that of a horse.

     Black was an appropriate color.  And Space Demon, I like to say simply created himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment